From other site...WIND TURBINES

"Don't expect anyone to be grateful."
If the unemployed got the " minimum wage" and not $10 on their dole money, working for the dole wouldn't have to be as bad.
They might even like working again.
And diesel subsidy on Queensland registered boats is only for them, without the rest of Australia getting it. (NSW pay's full tax on boat fuel in Queensland).
spacesailor

kgwilson

IF you value transparency and justice the Diesel rebate is not a subsidy. The express purpose is for roadworks though the corresponding petrol equivalent some goes to consolidated revenue. so perhaps the diesel does also. IN New Zealand they had a counter on one wheel and you had to do a return and send a corresponding amount of money IF you used Diesel on road. Lawn mowers, diggers and pumps generators etc HERE all pay the cost which again is NOT what the impost was supposed to be used for. The NZ system was cumbersome but true to purpose. Nev
In NZ there is no road tax on diesel. At the pump diesel is always considerably cheaper than petrol. Owners of diesel vehicles have to purchase road user charges which varies according to the GVM of the vehicle. Hubometers are installed on large trucks, B Doubles etc and checked against the payment data when they go in to a weigh station. The system has been around for as long as I remember & probably came about because of the very large rural farming community who more than anyone else had diesel machinery on farms. Now the situation is quite different with a lot of diesel cars & utes on the road, not to mention trucks.

facthunter

The Toyota Medium 4 WD I hired had meter fitted when I was last there. At the pump the diesel charge is absent... so the price is about 2/3rds that of petrol, but you pay later. Actually the hire company ended up picking that one up so you win sometimes. Nev

AND NOW ladies & Gentlemen
The government will stop the dole for all who cant pay their FINES,
because they can't pay for a train ticket. from the meager, below poverty level work start allowance
spacesailor

Marty_d

AND NOW ladies & Gentlemen
The government will stop the dole for all who cant pay their FINES,
because they can't pay for a train ticket. from the meager, below poverty level work start allowance
spacesailor
And yet they can give the big 4 banks, which have been ripping people off for years, 17 BILLION dollars in tax cuts.

It's all about making the rich richer and f*ck the poor, for the coal-ition.

get a job to pay their fines oh shieeet they cant cause of the imported wind turbines and solar panels
bloody smart country Australia neil
Riiiiiiight.

facthunter

Rob the bank and follow their example. The Quality and integrity of an organisation is inversely proportional to what the CHIEF takes. Note takes, not makes and think about it.
Wind turbines? That idea will never get off the ground. Submarines. Good for US?, or just another bottom of the Harbour scheme? .Nev

Visited Rylstone Fly-in
It was cold,! Just like the Environmentalist want, on the way home I noticed a lot of houses pumping out smoke from their chimneys,
When home Put the electric blanket on first, then the heater to get some Warmth into the house.
I will HATE the New world that is going to be colder, Just for the sake of a few centimetres of sea level.LoL
spacesailor

That's the way it is now. I can use my heat pump (reverse cycle aircon) powered from the solar panels & get 8kw of heat output from less than 2 kw of electrical input. OK it isn't good enough on an overcast day or at night but storage technology will sort that out in the not too distant future.