Fuel type for new car

old man emu

You might be able to get away with rocketing along the Hume at 111 KpH in NSW, but you had better back off once you cross the Murray. Those Department of the Treasury cameras on the Hume Motorway will click you into poverty.

Admin

Administrator
Ah yes, but in the Mondeo Titanium I have a nice lady that blurts out "CAUTION' from the sound system when I am coming up to a fixed speed camera or intersection camera.

facthunter

Why ? Should HE be remembered. You don't need to BUILD a steam engine to know what % efficiency it will roughly achieve. It won't get even close to an injected IC motor in that respect.. Nev

facthunter

Unlikely to meet any environmental considerations in the current environment. The Latent heat of vaporisation is HIGH for water. That's where the losses are. Nev

My 4lt V6 petrol Pajero just did it's best fuel run at 480 Ks for 55 ltrs =11.46 ltrs per 100 klms.
Beats the 2.8 ltrs 4 pot diesel at 14 ltrs per 100 klms. by a long way.
Who says diesels are more economical.
spacesailor

Marty_d

My 4lt V6 petrol Pajero just did it's best fuel run at 480 Ks for 55 ltrs =11.46 ltrs per 100 klms.
Beats the 2.8 ltrs 4 pot diesel at 14 ltrs per 100 klms. by a long way.
Who says diesels are more economical.
spacesailor
I do. On a trip to Devonport and back a couple of weeks ago (700km) our diesel Santa Fe did 8.0 l/100km. The only reason it was that heavy on fuel was the 5 bicycles on the back giving a bit of drag. I've had it down to 6.7. Filled it up before we left and didn't fill up again until after we got home.
That's with the whole family (2 adults + 3 kids) and our luggage.

red750

I've been reading about the problems with the Powershift automatic transmissions in Ford Focus, Fiesta and Ecosport, but cannot find out for sure which models are affected. Some reports say the petrol model is affected but the diesel is OK, other reports say the opposite.

Since my 1999 Festiva was written off by the insurer, and my 2000 Falcon could give up the ghost any day, I've been looking at adverts on the interwebby. There's a very nice looking 2010 Focus LX automatic tradein at a local Holden dealer, which, although 8 years old, looks more like 8 months old. I don't think anyone has sat in the back seat. I don't want to go back to the dealer and look too keen, and I didn't read about the transmission problem till after I had seen the car, so I wondered if anyone could advise whether this particular model is involved in the above problem.

PS. Just looked it up on another website (same car) and it says it is a 4 speed sports auto. 102,000 on the clock, just under $9,000 drive away.

XNX245 front.JPG XNX245 rear.JPG

Last edited:
A $1.69 out west, Dubbo way still much cheaper than Avgas
By the way My Delica 2.8 lter is cheap as chips, over-all as we can sleep in it & save $150 a night on accommodation.
So fill the tnk at say $100, & each night gain $50, by not using motels, I might yet throw the passenger seats out of the Pajero, & turn IT into a camper.
spacesailor

facthunter

Too much dollars Red. Overpriced. Worth about $4,000 at best. You can get NEW cars for $15,000 drive away on low interest with good warrantee's and a lot better car than that one. Once out of warrantee some are not worth having . Some car warrantees are not worth much either depends on the brand, (and the dealer)..Nev

Top Bottom