green power solar is

Yenn

We need to think about the future in everything we do. If we start using biomass to produce a lot of power we will be moving it from where it is produced to near some town. We don't got something for nothing and to get biomass we have to grow it. Growing plants takes nutrients, which come from the soil usually, or in the case of modern agriculture they come out of a bag. When the total of growth is removed from the growth area it results in a decrease of the soils ability to support growth.
In China they use the nightsoil to grow crops. we can't do that here due to health regulations. When I was a kid I used to go with the truck driver to a sewerage teatment plant near London to get a load of sewage sludge, which was then put on the ground to grow vegies for the Covent Garden market.
We are a terribly wasteful society, just recently I was shocked to see on TV that all the fish killed in Menindee, where the water quality was toxic, were sent to landfill. They should have been used as fertiliser.

WHO is this "everyone" person. Seems to be quoted often but none find him/her. It's like Nobody's perfect but he's on this site. and available... so ask him.
"Silent majority" don't make any noise about anything. Squeaky wheels get oil. The left wing has equal influence on an aeroplane in flight.. Solar Panels aren't a silly con. THAT'S what they are made of (one of the most common substances in the earth's crust
Neil is fighting a losing battle with this topic. Even the Business Council of Australia want stuff he hates.
Wind farms make you sick, endanger the spiflicated warbler and cause climate change, ( if they are turned up too far), and they blow powerlines over in SA. THOSE winds were not a natural climate event. They didn't happen before windfarms .. 2+2 make er something or other. Anyhow it's obvious the two are connected. It just doesn't add up if you can't see that. Blind Freddy CAN see it. It's as plain as the nose on your face
Coal is the answer to poverty in the developing world but will make a few millionaires a lot richer as well, (especially the generous ones who kick in for the Party) if we don't let the POOR to get solar first. ALL the talk about pollution is made up by greenies who have a vested interest in having trees to hug.THEY want Timber mills to close down, before all the forests are used up. What a waste.!.
Another thing.... Queensland has a great future as the landfill capital of the world. All the big coal mine holes are potential GOLD mines really, Like they will make GOLD (money) get it? if you have eyes to see.. We need as many big holes as possible for the future disposal of the stuff from Bunnings, plus, 3 year old cars, birthday presents for last year. PLASTIC..bags. Hospital waste. etc. You don't want it down the end of your street, do you? (By the way the last question is NOT in the exam . It is too contentious and divisive, I am advised. Nev
Fly over Singleton - very big holes there which would make landfill sites. I doubt that the NSW (or even Cth.) has binding laws, licences or agreements in place to force mining companies to remediate. Much easier to flog the company off to the Cayman islands and walk away.

Bruce

The idea that action to save the planet is URGENT is new and not accepted much. Not like an invasion of aliens would be accepted.
But I have to admit that there are limits to what I'd be prepared to do, and I really believe that urgent stuff is needed. Most don't.

Take using human waste for fertilizer.. yes I would accept this but only if it were done in conjunction with population controls and similar stuff.
( human poo is ok for cooked food but not for salads, where tapeworm eggs survive most sewage treatment works).
We are one of the few countries where it is safe to eat lettuce for example. I really like living here but it's not sustainable.

octave

The idea that action to save the planet is URGENT is new and not accepted much. Not like an invasion of aliens would be accepted.
But I have to admit that there are limits to what I'd be prepared to do, and I really believe that urgent stuff is needed. Most don't.

Take using human waste for fertilizer.. yes I would accept this but only if it were done in conjunction with population controls and similar stuff.
( human poo is ok for cooked food but not for salads, where tapeworm eggs survive most sewage treatment works).
We are one of the few countries where it is safe to eat lettuce for example. I really like living here but it's not sustainable.

Bricks Made From Human Waste Could Be The Future of The Construction Industry

How many of us city folk throw our grass cuttings in the bin, & NOT compost it.
Start now, Make or buy a compost bin !,
Have you got a WORM farm, off to Bunnings with you, get your own backyard in order.
Well it's a start in the right direction.
PUT in your Rain water catchment system.
stop the rivers flooding, & rain water your garden.
PS buy second hand solar panels & cut some $ off that power bill
spacesailor

Top Bottom