Growing older

SDQDI

Growing older doesn't just happen to the older generation it is also happening to the youngsters.

Today my little four and a half year old girl came to me crying because the training wheels on her bike had broken, so we got some spanners and pulled them both off and seeing as it looked like hard work to fix them I conned her into having a go without them. Well after showing her how to start and helping her a little she was off, I ran beside her for a hundred yards or so but was about to collapse so left her to her devices. After 2 little falls she was able to stop on her own and then a couple more practices on starting and she was totally self sufficient:thumb up:

So full of daddy pride (of course it was my good influence that got her going:wink:) I took some pictures and called mum out and 'casually' told her id taken off the training wheels off Izzy's bike and pointed to her doing laps around the silos:thumb up:

Anyway they are growing older just as quick as we are, scary really. image.jpg image.jpg

Glad to see she's wearing the right gear..helmet.

I can still remember the day I learnt to ride a bicycle, that was 68 years ago. Didn't know that my sister had let go of the seat.

Phil Perry

Aaaaahhh Memories,. . . .
My two lovely little little ladies are 29 and 32, I remember the days when they used to ask. . . "Daddy. . .can I have Ten Pence to buy some sweets please ? ? ?

Nowadays it goes something like . . . "Allo Dad, how've you been for the last three months ? . . . . Don't 'spose you could lend me seven hundred quid towards my car insurance could you Dad, Pleeeeese Dad. . . . .

mmmm.

kaz3g

I was give a size 22 Malvern Star for my 6th birthday. I couldn't reach the pedals from the seat so dad removed the seat and wrapped a rubber pad over the bar which he secured in place with hayband.

This continued for the next 12 months or so until my legs grew long enough!

My baby turned 40 this year and he is 6'3" tall with two beautiful children, but he lives in Singapore and I only get to see them all at Christmas. I'd love to get them bikes because there are heaps of bike paths here on which to ride.

Kaz

Phil Perry

Glad to see she's wearing the right gear..helmet.

I can still remember the day I learnt to ride a bicycle, that was 68 years ago. Didn't know that my sister had let go of the seat.
I learned like that too ! ! it's good that there's always someone around ( well, . nearly always. . .) to run along hanging on the back of your saddle !. . my two girls buggered off up the road to the park wit their respective bikes, and taught themselves ( so THEY say ) more like with a lot of help from your friends I'd suspect. So I don't have wonderful pictures like those at the head of the thread to treasure in me old age !

I remember watching ( at a disused airfield in 1982 ) a bloke on a small motorbike riding alongside some sort of ancient looking single seat microlight, yelling instructions at the pilot with a megaphone as he drifted along at about 5 feet off the runway. . . I suppose that's one way to learn to fly ?

Growing older doesn't just happen to the older generation it is also happening to the youngsters.

Today my little four and a half year old girl came to me crying because the training wheels on her bike had broken, so we got some spanners and pulled them both off and seeing as it looked like hard work to fix them I conned her into having a go without them. Well after showing her how to start and helping her a little she was off, I ran beside her for a hundred yards or so but was about to collapse so left her to her devices. After 2 little falls she was able to stop on her own and then a couple more practices on starting and she was totally self sufficient:thumb up:

So full of daddy pride (of course it was my good influence that got her going:wink:) I took some pictures and called mum out and 'casually' told her id taken off the training wheels off Izzy's bike and pointed to her doing laps around the silos:thumb up:

Anyway they are growing older just as quick as we are, scary really. View attachment 315 View attachment 316
Dear, don't confuse about, First step for every work is challenging and remember for whole life. i.e the first day i drives bike, cycle, and car. even first day at school. This also will be safe in her memory and increase love about you.

facthunter

They have all aged 3 years since the previous post too. . As they age so do you. Once you are old enough to drive a car it's all downhill. You wore long pants to look older, then. . Now I hate them. You have to take your shoes off to get the trousers off. The cuffs get caught in your bike chain . etc.. Nev

Phil Perry

This morning was the Summer Solstice in the UK. . . .and I had put on a pair of shorts. . . but after going outside in the garden for several seconds,. . .I went and changed into some nice strides to cover the goosebumps. It is now 12:55, and the temperature has risen to a dizzy 13C here in Cannock, along with a cool and brisk 25 Kt N/E wind.

The only Good thing I can say is that my trouser cuffs won't be affected unduly by becoming snagged in a bike chain, as my last Bike was given away to a chap I know who'd had his stolen, after just getting employment gain after 3 years off work.

Now I've got to walk to the shops. . . Still, could do with losing some more unnecessary Phat. I calculate that 79% of my total body mass is composed of Phat. . .

facthunter

Add 80% for alcohol. (medicinal) How much does that leave for water? Phat floats on water. Don't let it go to your head.
Anyhow you don't "grow" older. You shrink older and who "gets" older. No one gets it. They just cop it. totally unprepared, untrained and un everything.. Certainly not a promotion or aspirational/ mystifying. Nev

Old Koreelah

I built a 2-story house; people look at the stairs and ask what happens when we get old.
The answer: we get old because we’re not climbing stairs.

Top Bottom