Technological Humour ?

nomadpete

Uncle Google knows EVERYTHING!

Unfortunately that includes a lot of bias and BS from uninformed self appointed 'experts'

I just wish Uncle Google had a BS filter to save me the effort of cross checking everything he tells me...

Which makes it a lot like asking a family member!

Phil Perry

Yeah we heard about THAT product description from a Neighbour who emigrated ( To Melbourne ) 3 years before we did.

Shame I lost touch after staying with his family on Vermont for a couple weeks while I got a job and a shack in Boronia. . nice big quarter acre block too . . .

Learning to speak and partially understand 'OZ talk' was an interesting progression.. .and we rarely went out in the evening forgetting the Aerogard . . .we got used to smelling like paraffin heaters ( Ooops. . Kerosene ) afterwards,. . it was kinda cute . . .

old man emu

Two tricks Aussies have foisted on Poms:
1. That Fosters is real beer.
2. That Aerogard repels flying insects.

In reality the opposite is true for both.

Phil Perry

Two tricks Aussies have foisted on Poms:
1. That Fosters is real beer.
2. That Aerogard repels flying insects.

In reality the opposite is true for both.
YES you Buggers !

I never liked Fosters, preferring other Carlton & United Breweries products like Melbourne Bitter and VB. . .not a bad glug those two. . ,I found that Courage had a reasonable taste, but can't recall which one. . . bet I never told you about the time I got snakebit at a BBQ did I. . .Oh wot a larf. . . I thought I'd walked back into a twig at the edge of Bruce's lawn, but it all went blue and numb after I got back home. . my ankle and left foot didn't look well at all. Neighbour drove me to the Hospital, where, after waiting for a short while a very nice Doctor asked me If I'd got the snake. . . . Told me he couldn't give me any antivenom unless he was sure what animal it was 'Sorry'

Next time I see you post,. . I'll tell you if I survived this 1971 encounter with your bloody dangerous sodding suburban wildlife. . ..

spacesailor

StorchyNeil.
I had to adjust the words slightly,
" Australia became an independent nation on 1 January 1901 when the British Parliament passed legislation allowing the six Australian colonies to govern in their own right as part of the Commonwealth of Australia. The Commonwealth of Australia was established as a constitutional monarchy. "
So it's,
London !.
Am I right ?.
Also New-Zealand Was invited, but decided too stay independent,
spacesailor

spacesailor

Definitely NOT Canberra.
It just didn't exist,!
Brisbane / Gold-coast, a swamp,
So were was the "The Commonwealth of Australia was established as a constitutional monarchy. " .
SIGNED

spacesailor

spacesailor

I Didn't know that as I've not seen it.
AND
now it's going to be redundant.
Especially if we have to swear Allegiance to some " Lying cheating scumbag" of a politician. I certainly wont like it.
similar to those "founding fathers" of old.
and only saw Once, a copy of the "Magda -carte"
spacesailor

Last edited:
Top Bottom